UFO History: January 14, 1965


It has been an interesting day, not only did I have some stuff to work on for Titans Wire, I dove back into the Bermuda Triangle and did a little more on the men in black. The strangest thing though centered around the television show Fringe. I started rewatching it last night on one of my streaming services and went back to continue today. To my surprise it was suddenly behind a paywall. Crazy…

Well, with that strange occurrence behind me, I decided it was time to head into my daily trip into UFO history and I found something that hits close to home. Well, at least this state I now call home. This was an active day in Virginia back on January 14, 1965 where there were four incidents reported. 


While none of these came with a tremendous amount of detail, it is interesting that three of the four took place within the same regional area and could be related. 


The first sighting is the one that may or may not be related. This one took place around noon in an unidentified location in Virginia where a man named James Myers witnessed a circular object rising from the ground. No other details were given, but that is not surprising due to the timeframe and era this took place. The fact that there is a name attached does speak volumes to the validity in the 1960s. 


The next three sightings have a timeline and geographic element that could connect them. The first one started around 1630 near Thaxton. A witness reported that while watching an air force bomber (B-52) a cigar-shaped object streaked across the sky heading east at an estimated 2,000 mph. 


At 1645, Carl Billings and Jody Smith witnessed a strange object over Staunton. While no specifics or identifications were given, Staunton is northeast of Thaxton. Yes, this is a projection, but the timing would be consistent. 


The final sighting in the evening took place to the southeast of Staunton in Dooms. In this event seven students and a bus driver witnessed a bright stationary light in the sky over the small town. 


This is an interesting day in UFO history within the state of Virginia and one that as a transplant Virginian, I am happy to have stumbled upon. 



Comments

Popular Posts