UFO History: January 13, 2023 - Unclassified Report


As I spent some time in the car today heading to a doctor's appointment, I listened to a podcast on the men in black. For some reason, I can shake the thought and current interest. Unfortunately, that appointment coupled with traffic and Titans’ coverage has me a bit behind and kept me from digging in a bit more. 

So, when I checked in on historical UFO sightings, I stumbled onto a document that was a large piece of the recent movement toward disclosure. While, I’m sure it is extremely thin and lacks the majority of information that is actually pertinent for disclosure, this government document should still be viewed as important as it is a step forward in this journey.


This unclassified document was released on January 12, 2023 by the Office of the Director of National Security and is the 2022 Annual Report on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena. In this report, intelligence officials cataloged hundreds of new sightings of unidentified aerial phenomena. 


While this is a brief synopsis, this is a link to the complete report. In 2022, the government determined that the number of official reported sightings is rising with 366 added in 2022. While it is a fact that over half of those were able to be explained and deemed unremarkable, there were 171 of those sightings that have not been explained and have demonstrated unusual flight characteristics or performance capabilities.


With the current drone situation taking place all across the globe, there is a great chance those numbers will go up and with hope the number bypasses the 366 reports from 2022.


Comments

Popular Posts