UFO History: December 18, 1850
I’m still unsure what to believe with the drone situation. I do agree that the majority of the sightings are likely mistaken identification, but that doesn’t explain reports coming from countries in Europe. I still think there is something more at play. But I’m going to spend less time on that in the near term and continue researching other things.
That doesn’t mean I am stopping my daily visits to UFO History. These reports are important and will help keep the subject in the public eye. While I may not have the reach of others, I feel that any and all research and publication will help push for disclosure.
Our entry today, December 18, comes from the town of Oak Ridge, Tennessee, in 1950. The report also comes with government documents that were passed on to different agencies. One was sent to the Director of Special Investigations of the Air Force. While another was an FBI document.
The sighting took place between 0820 and 0830 hours when seven officials of the NEPA (Nuclear Energy for Propulsion of Aircraft) Division were traveling in two cars and observed an unidentified flying object. These witnesses observed a light emanating in the shape of a circle, of an intensity much greater than that of a bright moon, through the windshield of the vehicle. The viewers had the impression that there was form in connection with the light rather than merely a point source. The light was white in appearance and did not show any signs of refraction into a band or continuous spectrum. It appeared to be from 15 to 30 degrees elevated above the horizontal and on an azimuth between west and northwest, and appeared to be traveling in a northwesterly direction.
Separately from 0839 hours to 0845 hours a small "paint" appeared on the scopes of the 663rd AC&W Squadron AF radar station at the Knoxville Airport, near the southeast corner of the Oak Ridge Controlled Area. The target was on a magnetic bearing of 190 degrees at a speed of 60 mph at an estimated altitude of 2500 feet. A fighter interception was attempted with negative results.
The sighting did not specify a size, but this does come across as a traditional orb-like encounter. But, for me, the fact that this area had a lot of nuclear activity makes it interesting. At the time, Oak Ridge had facilities for uranium enrichment (which was a NEPA Project) as well as spent fuel rod reprocessing. This adds another layer of matching elements to many sightings over time.
What do you think? Is this a valid sighting or not? Drop us a line and let us know what you think.

.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment