Paranormal Investigation: Back Bay Farmhouse

 


Earlier this year, I got back into paranormal investigation when I joined the WTCW Paranormal for an evening investigation at the Back Bay Farmhouse in Virginia Beach. 

If you haven’t heard of it, the 1912 farmhouse, now home to Back Bay Brewery, is said to be haunted by a spirit locals have named Grandma Lily after the original owner of the location. According to multiple reports, this spirit is often found throughout the house, particularly in her former bedroom (now the company office). 

 Armed with an EMF Detector and other tools, I joined the group during one of their evening tours and spent three hours documenting any potential activity, and found that there were multiple spots that showed sporadic EMF readings. While those were interesting, a few Estes Method sessions yielded some intriguing outcomes. 

Unfortunately, no conclusive evidence was found to prove the presence of a spirit, leaving the stories and reports as the basis for the haunting. While this in no way means the house isn’t haunted, it provided enough to warrant more attention in the future. Something that the team at WTCW Paranormal does on a regular basis. 




Comments

Popular Posts